Friday, August 01, 2008
Hi guys!
I can't believe my ears when Mrs Lua told me that my team has gotten into the finals!
I was like screaming! (with happiness of course) I remembered immediately calling jessica to check with her if this is really true. (cause i just couldn't believe it) and she said she doesn't know cause our mentor has not informed us yet. and then when I was talking to jessica over the phone, our mentor(amber) called us and she said we got into the finals!!!!!!!!!!!!! wooohooooooo! This was all like a dream. Seriously. There were like 19 schools taking part in this competition and there was a total of 23 teams! very competitive and furthermore, we stammered a little during our preliminary round. I was like, oh.my.gosh. hahahaha!
We knew about this at around 8.15pm last night and we would have to prepare ourselves for the finals which will be commenced the next day. We were only given one night to improve on our presentation!
We were the first team to present. this time it was much scarier. there were ppl from some schools, the judges and some np students. the presentation went smoothly. to our surprise, the judges also asked us 2 questions! we were expecting more as the Q and A session lasts for 10 minutes! so after the Q and A session, we continued to listen to the other teams from different schools( Cedar, Nanyang Girls and two other schools which I do not know how to spell) All of the teams after us were REALLY GOOOOOOD! Seriously! They were really confident on stage and their events were like super creative, especially Cedar girls! One of the teams even did a mass dance on stage! Me, Paulyn and Jessica were like totally impressed by the teams. We kept worrying that we won't be able to take back a trophy. Only the top three teams could get back a trophy and cash prizes.
At the end......
We got third!
We were really contented already cause we felt that all the teams presented really well.
We won the school a trophy, cash prize of $500 and certificates of participation. =D
I was indeed really super surprised with the results, I tell you. Really.
and I'm.....
HAPPY!
YAY!
Thanks Jess, Paulyn, Mrs Lua for the taxi fare and of course, our mentor, AMBER!!!!!!!! SHE IS SO FREAKING AWESOME! I LOVE HER SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH! MUACKSSSS! =DDDDD
We are gonna give her a treat really soon! =DDDDDDD
Love,
Crystal =D
now im done talking
5:41 AM <3